Not finding time at home to start or finish a project, then a retreat may be what you need. Our guild schedules retreats throughout the year. Retreats have many benefits:
– provide time to really focus on projects without interruptions
– they can be one day, a couple days, long weekend or during the week
– gives you an opportunity to meet fellow guild member and build new friendships
– relaxing and comfortable environment
– quilters are helpful and happily share their knowledge with each other|
– they can be local or a couple hours away
– they are F U N!!!
Several retreats are scheduled throughout the year. Retreats are scheduled to meet the needs of guild members. In order to give all guild members a chance to attend a retreat, we ask guild members who just finished retreat to wait 72 hours before signing up for the next retreat. If necessary, a wait list will be used in case someone cancels.
Our 2024 scheduled retreats are:
– February 25-29, 2024 – Sew Sweet Quilt Shop & Retreat Center,
Brunswick, MO. Sew Sweet is a great retreat center complete with a quilt shop and lodging all in one spacious building. It also has a fully stocked kitchen. The sewing area is spacious and stocked with irons, ironing boards, cutting mats, design walls and a long table for each person. Although, it is a 3 hour drive, just northwest of Columbia, MO, the drive goes fast when you’re traveling with a friend. Grab a friend and join us. You can share a room with a friend or reserve a single room. It is also just an hour away from the Missouri Star Quilt Company in Hamilton, MO.
Double Rooms: 3 nights for $202.68*/Single Room: 3 nights for $405.36*. No deposit required AT THIS TIME, just a firm commitment that you’ll be there. Total cost of lodging, workspace and meals is paid the first day there.
*plus splitting the cost of the work room $375 (for three days). Meals TBD.
Contact Teresa Basler to confirm your attendance to this fun retreat.
– April 12-15, 2024 – Itchin To Be Stitchin, Staunton, IL. This has become a very popular retreat location. This is another great retreat center that is part of a quilt shop. There is a fully stocked kitchen. The sewing area is spacious and stocked with irons, ironing boards, cutting mats, design walls and a long table for each person. There are 6 rooms that can shared by 2 people or a private room. There is also a room for 3, if needed. Staunton, IL is about an hour away from downtown St. Louis.
Double Room: $195 for 3 nights/$97.50 deposit required. Single Room: $390 for
3 nights/$130 deposit required.
UPDATE: AS OF 10/1/2023, THIS EVENT IS FULL.
– June 14-17, 2024 – Todd Hall Retreat Center – Columbia, IL. BITS ‘N PIECES RETREAT-ROUND-UP! Todd Hall is in Illinois just across the JB Bridge/St. Louis south county – very easy to get to. This event will be held in Winston Hall at Todd Hall. Todd Hall is a calm, lush, relaxing setting – nice place for a walk around the grounds. Winston Hall is a very spacious room. Irons, ironing boards, mats, and design walls will be provided by Bits ‘n Pieces. Lodging rooms are closely connected to Winston Hall. Private rooms or sharing a room with a friend are available.
Double Rooms: $55 per night/3 nights $165*/Single Room: $85 per night/3 nights $255.
Another option: “Come and Go” – join us during the day & evening, but sleep at home. A deposit will be required. The deposit due date is to be determined.
*plus splitting the cost of the work room $375 (for three days).
When retreat registrations open, information will be provided at a guild meeting, in the guild newsletter or via emails. Come to a retreat and see for yourself how much fun it is.
Check this page frequently to stay up to date on retreat information.
Teresa Basler (firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-550-2496) is the guild retreat coordinator. Contact Teresa if you have questions or concerns.
Darla Gibson, Coordinator
Several one-day retreats are coordinated each year and are held in the St. Louis Metropolitan area.
Detailed sign-up information for all retreats is sent via our group email account.