While the entire guild meets as a group once a month, members may also join mini-groups. These smaller groups are a great way to get better acquainted with their fellow guild members. Mini-groups may be interest based, location based or project based. Members who don’t find a mini-group to meet their specific need are welcome to organize their own mini-group. No permission/authorization is needed. If you have an interest and would like to form a group but don’t know where to start, contact Chris Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will help you get started. The mini-group group must be limited to Bits n’ Pieces members to be included in the Bits website and newsletter and to have access to Yahoo announcements.
Current mini-groups are listed below. Click on the group name to find a schedule and information about joining.
- A-Team 2021– Meets the 2nd Wednesday – Daytime. The A-Team is a group devoted to the art of applique.
- Bits Art Quilters 2020 – Meets the 2nd Wednesday – Afternoon. The Art Bits focus on making art quilts.
- Beginner’s luck 2020—Meets the 1st Tuesday–Afternoon. The group is focused on developing piecing skills and other techniques.
- The Company 2020 – Meets the 3rd Thursday – Daytime. The Company is a social group and holds monthly activities and outings of general interest to quilters.
- Crazy Quilters 2020– Meets the 2nd Tuesday – Evening The Crazy Quilters are a block exchange group.
- Nighttime Needlers —Meets the 2nd Thursday – Evening. Nighttime Needlers is for any guild member who wants to enjoy an evening of hand stitching and socializing.
- Pretty Paper Piecers – Meets 3rd Tues of each Month – Daytime. **NEW**
- Pieces of Friendship – Meets the 1st Wednesday – Morning. Pieces of Friendship is a block exchange group.
- Scraps 2020 – Meets the 2nd Monday – Daytime. This group focuses on charity quilts. Scraps mini group can now meet at Salem Methodist Church! Our first sew day will be July 12, 9:00 – 3:00. Bring your sewing machines, extension cord, lunch and sewing supplies. We have kits made up or you can bring something of your own to work on. Please RSVP to Nancy Muskopf 636-458-0360 or e-mail email@example.com
- Southern Stitchers 2020 – Meets the 2nd Thursday – Evening. Southern Stitchers is a block exchange group. Contact Lynn Dewitt for information.
- Wednesday Evening Zoom Chat Group – Chris Williams 314 452 5912
- Thursday Afternoon Zoom Sew Group – Chris Williams 314 452 5912
- Sunnyside Up – This is a temporary group with a purpose of sharing ideas about Gyleen Fitzgerald’s pattern Sunnyside Up (or any of Gyleen’s patterns). Meetings will be random. – Mary Ellen Adams