While the entire guild meets as a group once a month, members may also join mini-groups. These smaller groups are a great way to get better acquainted with their fellow guild members. Mini-groups may be interest based, location based or project based. Members who don’t find a mini-group to meet their specific need are welcome to organize their own mini-group. No permission/authorization is needed. If you have an interest and would like to form a group but don’t know where to start, contact Chris Williams (email@example.com) and she will help you get started. The mini-group group must be limited to Bits n’ Pieces members to be included in the Bits website and newsletter and to have access to email group announcements.
Current mini-groups are listed below. Click on the group name to find a schedule and information about joining.
- A-Team – Meets the 2nd Wednesday – Daytime. The A-Team is a group devoted to the art of applique.
- Art Bits STL 2022 – Meets the 2nd Wednesday – Afternoon. The Art Bits focus on making art quilts.
- Beginner’s luck 2022—Meets the 1st Tuesday–Afternoon. The group is focused on developing piecing skills and other techniques.
- The Company 2022 – This group is currently inactive. – Daytime. The Company is a social group and holds monthly activities and outings of general interest to quilters.
- Crazy Quilters – Meets the 2nd Tuesday – Evening The Crazy Quilters are a block exchange group.
- Nighttime Needlers —This group is currently inactive. – Evening. Nighttime Needlers is for any guild member who wants to enjoy an evening of hand stitching and socializing.
- Paper Piecers – Meets 3rd Tues of each Month – Daytime.
- Pieces of Friendship – Meets the 1st Wednesday – Morning. Pieces of Friendship is a block exchange group.
- Quilt with heART–Meets the second Thursday. Evening QWH is a new group dedicated to learning art quilt techniques.
- Scraps 2022 – Meets the 2nd Monday – Daytime. This group focuses on charity quilts.
- Southern Stitchers 2022 – Meets the 2nd Thursday – Evening. Southern Stitchers is a block exchange group. Contact Lynn Dewitt for information.
- Wednesday Evening Zoom Chat Group – Chris Williams 314 452 5912
- Thursday Afternoon Zoom Sew Group – Chris Williams 314 452 5912